Saturday, April 23, 2011

{Easter}




Last night JD and I went to the church we have been going to for several weeks
to their big Easter Pageant.
It has been in the bulletin every week leading up to Easter week.
Only a certain amount of tickets...
have to have tickets to get in...
waiting list...
etc.


Well a customer at my work invited us to go with her  
Sunday but she only had tickets for Thursday
night and I had to work.


So this week I kept saying to myself
"I will call to see if by any chance
 we can get tickets for Friday"
(my only night off this week)


Well,
my pregnant brain did not remember until after a long conversation
with my Great Uncle Bob (who just lost his mom).
We were talking about how Easter
was going to be different
for both of us this year.

We both agreed that it is not about Easter dresses,
Easter candy,
egg hunts,
or the Easter bunny...
like Bob said
"HE IS RISEN!"

And that IS the true meaning of Easter.
Let us not forget!


So I ended up calling at 6:30pm when the pageant started at 7:00pm!
Who answered?
The pastor that talks to JD every Sunday at church.
He must have known it was me because
he said he was going to run
out to the sanctuary to
see how full it was
then he would call me back...
but after waiting 10 minutes I thought he forgot.

NOPE!!!
He wrote my number down wrong and called JD's phone!!!
What a miracle!
The program was great!
My Grandparents would've LOVED it!!!


It really refocused my attention on
the TRUE meaning of Easter!




No comments:

Post a Comment